These spaceships were rendered by Rey.Hori using our DesignFreeQ modeler to create the basic wireframe geometry and processed with Shade, a Japanese 3DCG rendering package. The spacecrafts appear on the cover of Sci-Fi paperback The Eternal Flame and The Arrows of Time authored by Greg Egan, translated by Makoto Yamagishi and Tohru Nakamura, published by Hayakawa Publishing Inc in Japan.
Kuwasawa Design School now uses DesignFreeQ in education. Founded by Kuwasawa Yoko in 1930, Kuwasawa Design School is famous for its form follows function principles, similar to and influenced by Bauhaus design.
Here are the secrets to the Measure Tool support:
(1) in the “Utilities” menu select “Add Command…”
(2) in the “Add Command” dialog select “Measure…” from the left popup
(3) click the >> button to move the command to the right popup and save the command
(4) go to the Utilities menu again and select the new item “Measure…”
(5) click “New” in the Measure dialog and select two points in your geometry
DesignFreeQ works like a drafting program should work, like a user would expect it to work. Check out this YouTube video 🙂
Our Chinese translation of DesignFreeQ is 德设计惠. Please let us know if you find a better translation.
Well, it’s spelled DesignFreeQ.
Auf dem Schirm
ein schwarzes Loch
und hinein fällt jedes Schaaaf
Ist schon so alt
ich nutz es noch
so find ich keinen Schlaaaf